Saturday, March 10, 2012

Should I buy a new Land Rover Defender or wait for the Iveco Massif to be launched in the UK?

I'm going to buy a new 4x4, should I just stick to what I know and get another Defender or wait until the Iveco Massif is available here?Should I buy a new Land Rover Defender or wait for the Iveco Massif to be launched in the UK?
Just as above (and J.G a very reliable and informative person) Ivecos are awful, awful things. Hopelessly unreliable, terribly built and a waste of space. A Defender is a fairly old fashioned and acquired vehicle but pretty well built and awesome off road.

Don't discount the Japanese though, some really, really good well built, reliable vehicles from the likes of Toyota etc.Should I buy a new Land Rover Defender or wait for the Iveco Massif to be launched in the UK?
I've just been on Iveco's site, it looks a piece of crap to be honest. It has all round leaf springs, and I've driven Iveco vans with the 3.0 engine - they are horrendous on fuel %26amp; very unreliable.

If you need a Defender because of work %26amp; towing, I'd stick with it or try a Japanese vehicle, but I'd give the Iveco a wide berth.



Just found this;

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Sear鈥?/a>



can't understand how they reckon it may surpass the defender off road BECAUSE of it's leaf springs, though!?!Should I buy a new Land Rover Defender or wait for the Iveco Massif to be launched in the UK?
buy the defender the latest one with the ford v6 engine is the best ever,not as comfortable a ride as some but will go anywhere on or off road

No comments:

Post a Comment