Sunday, March 4, 2012

I need an expert opinion, my Land Rover Discovery is having problems with the alarm?

Let me start offf at the beginning, we have had our Land Rover for about a month it has a little over 100,000 miles on it. My husband took it to get an oil change on Tuesday { this week} at Pep boys. Later that day he noticed that the blinkers were not working, but the emergency lights were. We also had alot of rain that day and he drove through a deep puddle that caused the Discovery to shut off for about 45 minutes. When he got it stared again it sounded good and ran fine. Later that evening we went grocery shopping and activated our alarm before we went in the store. When we disengaged the alarm we got in and I noticed the indicator light was still flashing, my husband got in and started the Discovery thinking that the light would stop blinking; but then the engine started knocking and it just cut off. We tried to get it to start again; we even had a mechanic come and look at it, they said it wasn't getting any fuel as part of the anti theft mechanism. Is it the computer?I need an expert opinion, my Land Rover Discovery is having problems with the alarm?
Sounds like a short somewhere is causing the anti-theft system to arm . Have you tried locking the doors manually then unlocking with the key? If that doesnt do it youve got an electrical issue that needs to be traced.I need an expert opinion, my Land Rover Discovery is having problems with the alarm?
sounds like the alarm is built into the body control computer which is having issues. You could try a hard reset by pulling the battery terminal off for a few minutes. if that doesn't work it may need a new body control computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment