Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Is there any kind of upgrade gearbox which i could fit to my series 3 light weight land rover?

hi i have recently ought a light weight series 3 and the gear box is awfull! i was thinking of fitting 1 from a freelander or similar. does anyone know if this would be possible? and how?Is there any kind of upgrade gearbox which i could fit to my series 3 light weight land rover?
my answer is try to check it out first on auto repair shop..Is there any kind of upgrade gearbox which i could fit to my series 3 light weight land rover?
No, but you could fit a 300 series Discovery R380 gearbox %26amp; transfer unit. It's a lot of work, as the S3 tunnel is narrow. I'm afraid bloody awful %26amp; crap gearboxes are part %26amp; parcel of Land Rover ownership.

Alternatively, you could install a complete engine %26amp; gearbox transplant - Nissan diesels are a really good alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment