Saturday, February 25, 2012

How to add transmission fluid to a 1999 Land Rover Discovery II?

I want to check my transmission fluid level, but I cannot find the dipstick. Is there anybody out there that can help me with this? How do you add %26amp; check the transmission fluid?How to add transmission fluid to a 1999 Land Rover Discovery II?
There is no dipstick, the system is sealed. You have to remove the plug on the transmission to check it. This is generally best accomplished at a shop, where you can pay someone else to endure the pain in the butt that it is.



If you want to do it yourself, just find the top plug and remove it, but I'm warning you, it really is a pain.



I'll usually do it myself if I'm under there anyway doing other things, but if that's all I need done, I let someone else get dirty. It isn't worth the hassle when you consider that it isn't expensive at all to have her up on a lift where you can watch some other bugger curse about it.
  • dmv nc
  • new album releases
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment